The BNVD is a compact, lightweight, Gen III dual-tube goggle with an ergonomic low-profile design and offers superior situational awareness compared to a single-tube goggle. The BNVD is a follow-on to our legacy, battle-proven AN/PVS-15, but offers more features for increased survivability.
The BNVD’s twin-tube design provides protection in the field against failure or damage versus a single-tube NVG. It can be used as a monocular when necessary to allow for the dominant and non-dominant eye by rotating either the left or right optic into the stowed position.
Working directly with input from SOF operators, the BNVD was designed to increase system resolution, significantly reduce head-borne weight, improve system center of gravity, provide additional operational utility and improve overall situational awareness as compared to currently fielded dual-tube goggles.
• Manual system gain and focus adjustments for custom image quality optimization
• Rotating binocular design allows low profile against helmet when in stowed position and ability to use as a single monocular
• Auto OFF when stowed; resumes power when deployed
• LED indicator in left and right monocular indicates when 10 minutes or more of battery life remains
• Replaceable/upgradable I2 tube assemblies
• Available for BNVIS or Aviator’s Night Vision Imaging System (ANVIS) mounts